Tuesday, April 16, 2013

[Waiting On Wednesday: Truth or Dare]

Waiting On Wednesday happens every week on Wednesdays (hence the name) and is hosted by Breaking The Spine.  It's were people talk about the books they want to read about that aren't out yet.

My pick this week is...


"Truth or Dare"
Author: Jacqueline Green
Release Date: May 14th, 2013


-------------------------------------------------------------

Summary:

When a simple round of truth or dare spins out of control, three girls find it’s no longer a party game. It’s do or die.

It all started on a whim: the game was a way for Tenley Reed to reclaim her popularity, a chance for perfect Caitlin “Angel” Thomas to prove she’s more than her Harvard application. Loner Sydney Morgan wasn’t even there; she was hiding behind her camera like usual. But when all three start receiving mysterious dares long after the party has ended, they’re forced to play along—or risk exposing their darkest secrets.

How far will Tenley, Caitlin and Sydney go to keep the truth from surfacing? And who’s behind this twisted game?

Set against the backdrop of Echo Bay, an isolated beach town haunted by misfortune, Truth or Dare is a highly charged debut that will keep readers in suspense from beginning to end.
-Goodreads
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Truth or dare turns into a game of life or death.  All I can say is yes please!  I think we can all remember playing this game and it seems I wasn't the only one who imagined what would happen if you uped the stakes of the game.  Point blank, I can't wait for this one! 

 What are you waiting on this week?  I wanna know!

14 comments:

mk said...

Ooo sounds creepy and awesome. I've never seen this one before but I'd love to read it when it comes out. Great pick and thanks for sharing. I hope you enjoy reading it as well.
Come check out my WOW post.

Unknown said...

I'm excited for this one too! It sounds almost Pretty Little Liars-ish with its mystery and drama. And it's not too far off, which is awesome.

Unknown said...

I haven't heard of this title before. That's what I love about WOW. I learn of so many great new books to add to my TBR list and this is definitely going to be one of them!

Great pick!

Here’s My WoW!

Michelle :)
Author, PODs available June 4th
Milayna available March 11, 2014
The Infected, a PODs novel available November 2014
Visit me and learn how to win a signed copy of PODs!

Kristin A. said...

Oh this sounds great! I don't believe I've heard of this one before.

Here's My WoW

Tammy Sparks said...

This does sound creepy! I love that it's set in an isolated town. And love the blueish cover! Thanks for stopping by Christianna!

The Book Rogue said...

Sounds good indeed. I will keep an eye out for this, thanks for sharing! My WoW

Michelle Santiago said...

i'm excited for this book! i love dark, creepy, suspensful books.

my WoW

-michelle

Ashley said...

I had not heard of this one, sounds quite interesting. I will have to read your review, it reminds me a little of Pretty Little Liars and the secret texts.

Thanks for stopping by :)

Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

Read Write Reviews said...

This sounds so freaky and creepy! I must read this! Happy Reading!

My Wow!

Christina / Book Addict said...

This is new to me...definitely sounds good. Maybe a good one to read at the beach this summer.... great pick!

Rachel said...

Oooh, this sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing and stopping by!

Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

Jelly said...

I am waiting on this one too! The blurb sounds promising. :D

gracelo said...

Truth or Dare sounds so amazing! The blurb somehow reminds me of the synopsis of Burn for Burn by Jenny Hand and Siobhan Vivian, which I must go read sometime soon. Way to turn a classic schoolgirl game into something incredibly terrifying! Since I haven't heard of it yet, thanks for bringing this wonderful book to my attention!

Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

Grace | Lust For Stories

Reader Unfolded said...

I am looking forward to this one. Great pick!